On Monday, Mayor Johnson kicked off One Summer Chicago – a dedicated program helping Chicago youth ages 16-24 get career exposure during the summer – with the goal of providing a placement for every youth.
One Summer Chicago seeks to connect Chicago youth to career opportunities and possibilities by pairing them with partnering businesses with the following expectation:
- Sign up for recruiting through One Summer Chicago for opportunities this summer is July 11th.
- Provide a 4-week career internship experience
- The cost per youth is $15.80
- Minimum expectation is 15 hours/week
- Estimate cost of 1 youth for the 4 weeks to your company is $1,000
For more details on program requirements, please see below. The City will also be hosting two virtual information sessions for companies interested in learning more
- Session 1: Wednesday, June 28 from 2:00-3:00pm CT. Registration link here
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 5 from 2:00-3:00pm CT. Registration link here
- To submit any questions in advance to be covered on the information sessions, please email your questions to Audrey Dobro at [email protected]